Saturday, July 5, 2014

#Ramadan: Memories Tent Review

The Memories Tent is located at Dubai Media City's Amphitheater. Here's how my experience was during my most recent visit:



What I liked:

  • Lump sum minimum spend of AED 700 per table, rather than an individual minimum spend; which means for a table of 8, it works out to be around AED 88 per person (less than the average price in the market)
  • Dedicated screen at every table, which makes it convenient to watch the World Cup for the next few matches that are left
  • Availability of bookings, even when made on the same day
  • Tent activities and kiosks, as well as entertainment


What I think can be improved:
  • Promptness of service was very poor! No staff available for around 15 minutes at times until we were able to place our orders. This made it look like the tent was purposely delaying taking your orders so you don't hit your minimum spend, and pay it up anyways!
  • Minimum spend excludes Shisha, which costs AED 100 per order; which you have to pay as soon as you order!
  • No coordination between F&B staff and Shisha staff, whatsoever! When a Shisha is ordered from an F&B staff member, and it doesn't come for 45 minutes despite many reminders, the Shisha staff would insist on you to order straight from them??!!
  • Though valet service is available, it was very poorly organized especially right after the game. There was insufficient staff members to accommodate for the people asking for their cars back. I offered to walk to my car myself, instead of waiting for it to come, and the staff pointed me to the wrong direction! When I got into the car, I noticed that the driver's seat carpet was filled with sand that wasn't there when I gave it in
  • Though quality of F&B items was acceptable, it can be improved to truly leave a lasting memory!

Personally, and for the time being, I think that a one time visit to Memories Tent is more than enough during this Ramadan.

Memories Tent can be reached at 050-888 3527


Twitter: @JaberRami

1 comment:

  1. Horrible customer service and not a real Buffet! I went there for Iftar and to watch the football match with family, and had a horrible experience. The iftar menu was extensive but the food was cold. About 30 mins after iftar at least 3 of the dishes (which seemed the most interesting) RAN OUT and were NEVER REFILLED!!!

    DON'T THESE GUYS UNDERSTAND WHAT A BUFFET IS??? It was the 6th fast of Ramadan, even after 6 days, they didn't understand how much food serves the buffet? Or they simply don't care?

    Furthermore, I had to stand in line for Shawarma for 40 mins after which I saw that the Shawarma guys started taking food to people's table (I asked for the same and they never did it for me). Later, the chicken Shawarma guy burned down this grill so it got closed.

    Then I went to have desert, I had seen knaafe and some nice deserts while i was eating and guess what? ALL OF IT WAS FINISHED when I reached there... only some biscuits and the remains of Umm-Ali left.

    It doesn't end here: I ordered the shisha... It came relatively quickly but it didn't work! No smoke was coming out of it. After 15 mins or so, the guy got me a new shisha from which I could not taste any flavour and it was burning on my throat!! I complained and until another 20 mins, no one cared. Then the guy replaced my flavour and again, no smoke was coming. By then, it was half time already and I was really angry by the fast that no one cared so I grabbed my shisha, walked all the way till the end of the tent and gave it to the manager to ask for a refund!!!

    The experience couldn't have been more horrible!!!

    ReplyDelete