Friday, July 4, 2014

#Ramadan: Ajwan Tent Review

I've recently been to Ajwan Tent that is setup at Skydive Dubai, near JBR. Here's a summary of my experience:



What I liked:

  • Impressive, elegant decoration
  • Staff was very hospitable; I got at least 10 "welcome" from the time I walked in until I reached the table
  • Catering service was prompt. It's taken care of by Mama's which is a division company of Mezza House and Zoroob
  • Screens everywhere which makes it very convenient to follow the World Cup, until it lasts
  • Complimentary valet service available

What I think could be improved:
  • Though it can be considered average to what is being offered in the market during Ramadan, the minimum spend for Suhoor is AED 150 excluding Shisha, which costs AED 85. Given that Iftar timing is a little late this year, I think it's somewhat unfair for someone who is just in the mood for some Shisha to pay up AED 150 on food he might not be able to eat!
  • Some items on the food menu were not available, which was a bit of a turn off
  • Menu variety can also be enhanced
I would surely recommend visiting this tent while the influx of people to it is still somewhat reasonable. Advance booking is highly recommended.

Ajwan Tent can be reached at 04-391 9714.

Twitter: @JaberRami





No comments:

Post a Comment