Sunday, July 6, 2014

#Ramadan: Asateer Tent Review

I managed to slip in this weekend a Suhoor visit to Asateer Tent that is located at The Atlantis Hotel on the Palm. Here's a summary of my experience:

What I liked:
  • Beautiful decoration; very lavish!
  • Given the quality offered, the minimum spend was quite reasonable (AED 150 per person excluding Shisha, which in turn costs AED 75 per order)
  • Food quality was excellent
  • Complimentary valet service available; as well as self-parking
  • Service was prompt
  • Entertainment; the singer performed classical Arabic songs that went well with the theme of the tent


What I think can be improved:
  • Though I understand that this is a highly sought after Ramadan destination, I thought that the entrance check was a little too much. As soon as you arrive and you provide the name of the person who made the booking, they issue you a ticket that you need to present to the bouncer whom in turn will hand you over to the hostess that will take you to the table. Loosen up a bit!
  • Senior staff on the ground displayed a little bit of arrogance. It wasn't as much as what they said, rather than how they say it.
  • Though screens are available for you to catch the world cup matches, it is clear from the setup that this isn't their main attraction. In fact, you will have to watch the match (if you are seated next to a screen) without any sound volume. This, I thought, was a little inconsiderate given that it is World Cup season after all, and it does come around once every 4 years
  • When I got my car back from the valet as I was leaving, I noticed that the staff left on the dashboard a sponsor flyer. Come on, you're better than that!


This is definitely one of the best tents in town to check out during Ramadan, and I am most likelt to visit it again. Advance booking is DEFINITELY a must.

Asateer Tent can be reached at: 04-426 0800

No comments:

Post a Comment