Saturday, April 5, 2014

ComicCon'd


After a missed opportunity yesterday, and despite not being a fanatic, I got myself to go check out the Middle East Film and Comic Con 2014 that was held at Zabeel Hall in the Dubai World Trade Centre. As this was my first year visiting it, I did not know what to expect so I thought it would be wise to thoroughly (and slowly) check out and take in the entire experience.

On arrival, I could not help myself getting lured into the Hollywood Collections stand. I mean who can resist seeing the characters from the Avengers, The Man of Steel, The Dark Knight, among many others, and resist the temptation?!


So like a happy tourist, I start snapping away zoomed in shots of the miniatures on display and to my disbelief, those miniatures looked so damn real! Check it out!


















At this point, you probably realized how much of 'my geek' was turned on!

My next stop was this amazingly realistic statue of The Joker from The Dark Knight. It was extremely realistic that a woman was actually tapping on the glass thinking he might move suddenly. 


Then I notice this phrase on the ground that said, look through a camera to see the 3D and so I did and this is what I saw:


One sure thing to impress you at ComicCon is how the visitors go all out with their costumes. Here are the few I managed to get some shots of:









I was also happy to see some of our local talent exhibiting here, and having the opportunity to showcase and sell their products. Of those that I liked the most was Hudoob from which I ended up buying my extremely cool new cap. You can follow them on both Twitter and Instagram at @hudoob_ae 





Here are other pretty cool artwork and products that I found at ComicCon as well:








I also got a glimpse of Breaking Bad's Gus (actor Giancarlo Esposito). Here he is posing with a fan!


I also ran into Mr. Funny Man himself Ali Al Sayed, from Dubomedy, who was presenting all day at the outdoor stage. When we tried to take this shot with my Nikon D90, he's like "let's take a selfie, give me the camera, I've done it before!" haha!



At this point, I was like "Ali, check out my new cap! What do you think?" and he was like "awennah" and laughed! Follow Ali Al Sayed on Twitter @AlSayedComedy or @Dubomedy


 I also ran into my old buddy Danny C from The Breakfast Show on Radio 1. He was on Marvel booth duty, and also the champion of the Iron Man game (up to the point I left him at). Listen to Danny every morning during the weekday on 104.1FM from 6am - 10am; and follow him on Twitter @DannyRadio1 and also on Facebook (Danny Cee) where he always posts hilarious stuff!




I only wonder if this is a new Marvel production in the works right here in the UAE? hmmm!



I loved every minute that I spent at ComicCon. I ended up running into many friends, and the atmosphere...it was amazing! I really wish it would run for more than just a few days though. 

The Middle East Film and Comic Con 2014 is organized as part of Dubai Art Season 2014.

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/EmiratesTrends
Follow me on twitter: @JaberRami

No comments:

Post a Comment