Monday, March 31, 2014

Photos YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE were taken at DEIRA


So here's the thing, whenever someone posts a picture of Dubai, big chance it will be either taken at Downtown, Dubai Marina, or JBR; or as some of my friends like to call these spots, their side of town! Therefore, I have decided to take out my Nikon and go for a stroll in Deira, yes you heard me right, and snap away what I personally feel were the best pictures I have ever taken of Dubai.

My first stop of course was none other Al Garhoud Bridge, which is considered to be one of the primary connections between Deira and Bur Dubai. Some of my friends only know this, but one of the reasons this bridge is close to my heart is because I was privileged enough to be among its construction team. What a very few people know about this bridge is that it is more beautiful from beneath than from the top mainly because of the unique design of its piers, and the gorgeous landscaped and walkway areas. You will be able to enjoy the below sights if you park your car at the Al Boom Village parking lot.

Right under Garhoud Bridge

Landscaped/Walkway area right beside Al Garhoud Bridge

Shot of the bridge taken from the landscaped area

Seating area right under the bridge
Since I was feeling a little nostalgic, my next stop was naturally the second bridge I was also involved with and that is the Business Bay Bridge, or as we used to call it back in the days, the Third Creek Crossing (or TCC for short). After snapping a few pictures of this bridge, I realized that the bridge's beauty is best captured from a distance.


Distant shot of Business Bay Bridge taken from Dubai Festival City


Right under the Business Bay Bridge

Closer shot of the bridge while a traditional (touristic) boat is cruising right under

My last stop for the evening was Dubai Festival City (DFC) as it has an under-rated beautiful marina walk that extends from the mall all the way to the Business Bay Bridge (and beyond).


The marina-side walk of Dubai Festival City

This shot summarizes to me Dubai's most important landmark projects of the decade (Burj Khalifa and Metro). Shot taken from Dubai Festival City
  
Dubai Festival City Mall as captured from its marina walk

So next time someone asks you to come to 'this part of town', please don't make it sound like you are about to walk away from civilization as some of the Emirate's most beautiful spot is on this side too! :)

Keep checking this space for more unexpectedly beautiful shots from around the UAE.

This post is dedicated to that one person who was always by my side while I was building it all, and who never minded coming to this part of town to be by my side as it was all happening! I wish you were around to see how beautiful it has all become. I miss you!

Like EmiratesTrends on Facebook: www.facebook.com/EmiratesTrends
or follow me on Twitter: @JaberRami

No comments:

Post a Comment