Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Diairies of a fasting man: Majlis Al Safinah Review

Hi everyone,

So we have day 7 ahead of us, and I have to admit that it was a little tough to get around logging in Day 5 mainly because I spent it working out and was left with barely any energy to type by the time I got back home. Also given that the weekend is just around the corner, I thought another tent review will probably make it easier for you to make plans; see how considerate I am? :)




Majlis Al Safinah is a ballroom turned Ramadan Tent at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. As we have practically given up making any Suhoor bookings for the next 2 weeks in each of Asateer, Majlis Mina A Salam, and the Downtown Ramadan Tent; finding a venue that doesn't accept reservations for parties less than 8 people was an opportunity we had to pounce on. Only thing is, if you want to have a chance to finding availability, you'll need to make sure you show up between 9 and 9.30pm. Even then, my friends who were first to arrive waited for a good 10 minutes before being seated.

The venue surely fills out the gap areas that the tent at Habtoor Grand misses on. The tent is spacious with an arabesque decoration that is complimented with Ramadan lanterns and artificial palm trees almost everywhere you go. On weekdays, there is no minimum charge; whereas on weekends, we have learnt that you'll need to pay a minimum of AED 100 per person excluding Shisha; this shouldn't be a problem though because ordering Fattoush, Cheese Rakakat, Zaater Manakish, 1 Green Tea with mint and a bottle of water will set you back around AED 150. 

To add to the ambiance, there is also a band that performs Arabic folklore music. What I found to be very considerate is that the rhythms played are always in the background whenever you are speaking to your friends because honestly, I don't think anybody is really there for the music, but we still like it to be there if you know what I mean.

Service is extremely friendly and diligent. My order barely took 5-10 minutes to be prepared and served on the table. My friends who were smoking shishas had their coals changed almost every half an hour. One of the tent's managers visited our table twice just to make sure that everything was alright, and that we all got what we ordered (top points there). Even the wait for the car back was barely 5 minutes!

So far, Majlis Al Safinah qualifies to be one of my favourite Ramadan venues in town. I find it to combine the perfect balance between quality and service offered at relatively reasonable pricing and without the hassle of booking ahead. This venue definitely deserves a 9/10, and I think we will probably be revisiting it again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment