Sunday, June 28, 2015

Diaries of a fasting man: Iftar at Ewaan Review

Hi everyone,

We are on the 11th day of Ramadan, how quick is time flying, huh? It's been a hectic, busy (yet short) weekend with a lot happening, which in turn means, a lot more experiences to share. Today, my review will be on The Palace Downtown's Ewaan Iftar experience.

I drove into the Hotel's valet parking at around 6.50pm, and the first thing that struck me was the longer than usual queue line. I thought it will be an easy 20minutes before I can hand off my car, but to my surprise, the valet team's efficiency was more than superb such that within 5minutes, I was already walking into the hotel.

As I was taken to our reserved table, I couldn't help but notice the unbelievable amount of people already piling up food on their plates. The price of the Iftar buffet is AED 235 per person which places it slightly higher than some of its competition, but still at a reasonable price. No matter what, Ewaan never fails to impress with the variety of food they offer.

The cuisine is predominantly Middle Eastern, yet, you'll still find the essentials from the International cuisine. I started off my Iftar with a date, and some nice, hot lentil soup. Following which, I practically filled up my plate with 3 kinds of cheese slices, along with some fatoush, tabbouleh, vine leaves, feta cheese salad, and hot cheese and spinach mezza. For mains, I went for some ouzzi, along with roast beef steak, grills and some chicken butter. 

The dessert was a whole challenge by itself. Even though there was a tasty selection of Kunafeh, Um Ali, and Halawet Al Jibin, among others, I found myself sufficed with the chocolate desserts and the jasmine aroma green tea with mint. 

Overall, the food quality at Ewaan was beyond exceptional. The service was also very friendly, and as prompt as it could be given the number of people dining; and you surely get the value for what you pay for. I rate my overall Iftar experience at Ewaan an 8.5/10.

Have you been to Ewaan's Iftar? How was your experience?






No comments:

Post a Comment